by Ally Hilfiger (Author), Tommy Hilfiger (Foreword)
From Amazon’s Description:
“Ally was at a breaking point when she woke up in a psych ward at the age of eighteen. She couldn’t put a sentence together, let alone take a shower, eat a meal, or pick up a phone. What had gone wrong? In recent years, she had produced a feature film, a popular reality show for a major network, and had acted in an off-Broadway play. But now, Ally was pushed to a psychotic break after struggling since she was seven years old with physical symptoms that no doctor could explain; everything from joint pain, to night sweats, memory loss, nausea, and brain fog. A doctor in the psych ward was finally able to give her the answers her and her family had desperately been searching for, and the diagnosis that all the previous doctors had missed. She learned that she had Lyme disease-and finally had a breakthrough.
What she didn’t know was that this diagnosis would lead her down some of the most excruciating years of her life before beginning her journey to recovery from eleven years of misdiagnosis and physical pain. She would need to find her courage to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally, and become the survivor she is today.
Set against the backdrop of the fast-paced fashion and entertainment industries, BITE ME shares the heartbreaking and hilarious stories that moved Ally forward on her journey from sickness to health. Its themes will be familiar to more than 300,000 Americans diagnosed with Lyme disease each year, many of whom, like Ally, wondered for years what was wrong with them. BITE ME offers readers hope and ideas for how one can transition from victim to survivor, and shares the spiritual principles and actions that have contributed to her wholeness as a human, mother, and international spokesperson against Lyme disease.”
More on Ally Hilfiger
- Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter reveals her 19-year fight against Lyme disease: Fashion heiress, 30, says condition took over ‘every single cell in her body and her brain’
- “You Physically Cannot Get Out of Bed”: Ally Hilfiger Opens Up About Her Battle with Lyme Disease
- Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter describes battle with Lyme disease
- NEWS: Ally Hilfiger on Lyme: “Your tests can come back wrong.”
- Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter Ally reveals traumatic Lyme disease struggle which left her in ‘excruciating’ pain