This Christmas all I want is to be able to make it special for my family. As I write this, it’s only 8 days before Christmas and I have no money to buy gifts. I really wanted to be able to make this Christmas the best one yet for my family , but I need a miracle to make that happen.
The reason this is so important to me is because I feel this might be the last Christmas we will have with my mom, the kid’s grandma. She will be turning 85 soon and is in poor health. She had a stroke 15 years ago (I’ve been caring for her ever since), and now has congestive heart failure. My mom loves Christmas, and I’m so thankful we get to spend another one together! I want to savor every minute with her, and make this Christmas one that will always hold good memories for me and the rest of my family.
A little info about us: Myself, and my 5 kids, all have chronic Lyme. Just the regular month to month expenses of caring for everyone is overwhelming. It is a challenge under normal circumstances to have enough, let alone for Christmas. But we do have a roof over our heads, and we have each other, which is a lot to be grateful for!
Here is my wish list:
- Gifts for my mom: she loves jewelry and anything pretty.
- My 9 year-old daughter only wants Santa to bring her an American girl doll. (Her two best friends are asking Santa for one too and will get one.) What’s so heart breaking about this for me is that she believes Santa will bring her one too! And why wouldn’t she? She is such a good girl, kind to everyone, very compassionate, thoughtful and works very hard in school (which I know is a real challenge with Lyme). Those dolls are expensive, and there is no way we can afford to buy one for her. I wish with all my heart I can fulfill her wish somehow.
- My 14 year old son: He would probably like some clothes. Size adult sm, and an mp3 player.
- My partner who takes care of me so selflessly, and helps me with my mom and my kids, for whom without, I would probably be homeless. I would like to give a gift card for a massage to give her a break from being a caregiver and to do something to treat herself. On her wish list is a tool set, a leaf and lawn vaccume (to make yard work easier) and a book on how to play guitar.
- Three adult sons ages 21, 25 and 26: Gift cards to anywhere would be great!\My 3 yr. old grandson: Any age appropriate toy.
- Infant grandson age 4 months: an outfit, size 6 months, and a baby toy.
And that’s it. No gift for me needed! If I can make everyone else happy this Christmas, that will be the best gift I could possibly receive!!!
How to Donate to Debbie:
You can contact Debbie through email to get her address. Her email is apianist70@Gmail.com