I have had Chronic Lyme Disease and Co-infections for what I believe has been approximately 15 years. My family is really struggling financially because of the expenses my treatments have cost. My parents have expressed to me the need for me to cut back on some of my treatments because they have spent tens of thousand of dollars and even have had to go through my Dad’s retirement fund in order to pay for my treatments.
- Whole Foods gift card to purchase food items that follow my sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, corn free Lyme/Candida diet.
- Money to go towards weekly purchases of supplements/vitamins (have to take over 150 pills/day which is very costly), weekly Chelation IVs, Vitamin IVs, Essential Oils, Therapy and doctor appointments.
- Gas card to get to and from doctor’s appointments that are one-three hours away from me. Unable to drive so my mom has to drive me.
- Kohls, TJ Maxx, Forever 21, Walmart, or Target Gift Card(s) to purchase clothing. I had to get rid of most of my belongings due to a severe black mold issue we had in our house earlier this year (2014). Had to remediate the whole house in order for it to be safe for me to move back into.
- Electric massager to hand massage my muscles to help relieve severe pain and tightness. I’m not allowed to take pain medications because of extreme toxicity and due to the fact that the doctors have said my case a “uniquely complicated case” and can’t complicate it more with use of pain and anxiety medications.
- Spending money because I am unable to work due to my health. I don’t have any money to purchase personal items, Christmas or Birthday gifts for my immediate family which has been a yearly major emotional struggle for me.
- A gift for my parents because they have spent so much time and money to care for me. My mother is my main caregiver and my father has had to take a pay cut at his job recently. I just want them to feel appreciated.
- An Ozone Infrared Sauna. The Ozone kills lyme.
- Compression Socks because my feet turn deep blue, purple, and red because of the Raynaud’s Syndrome.
- Coloring Books and stickers