How does Lyme Disease Affect the Heart
Here is a compilation of articles to answer that question. Many Lyme patients complain of pain or strange feelings in their heart or chest area, and there are reasons why. The Lyme bacteria, or Borrelia can infect the heart tissues, muscle and valves leading to inflammation and damage. If you are experiencing heart issues, please contact your doctor for further testing.
- Research team pioneers simple diagnostic tool for Lyme-related heart condition (2019)
- Lyme Carditis: Heart Block and Other Complications of Lyme Disease (2018)
- Complication of Lyme Disease: Lyme Carditis
NOVEMBER 28, 2017 by Shivam Patel, Pharm.D.
- TOUCHED BY LYME: When Lyme disease affects the heart by LymeDisease.org 2015
- Putting Heart Block Back in the “Lyme Light”
Author links open overlay panelKavithaMannavaBAZoeG GrabinskiBAOmarMousaMD
- Heart-Related Lyme Disease Complications
by Holtorf Medical Group
- What you need to know about Lyme Carditis
from the CDC
- Lyme Carditis: When Lyme Disease Involves Your Heart
author-avatar By Dr T. Jared Bunch, MD 2013
- Is It Your Heart, Or Is It Lyme Disease? Is It Your Heart, Or Is It Lyme Disease?
Dr. Stephen Sinatra
- Lyme Disease and the Heart
by Peter J. Krause, Linda K. Bockenstedt
- Emergent pacemaker placement in a patient with Lyme carditis-induced complete heart block and ventricular asystole. Pub Med 2016
- Third-Degree Heart Block Associated With Lyme Carditis: Review of Published Cases
Joseph D. Forrester Paul Mead 2014
- Lyme Carditis—Diagnosis, Treatment and Prognosis NIH 2015
- Sudden Death Caused by Lyme Carditis
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
Weekly / Vol. 62 / No. 49 December 13, 2013
- Cardiac manifestations of Lyme disease 2002
- Persistent atrioventricular block in Lyme borreliosis
1990 W. MayerF. X. KleberB. WilskeV. Preac-MursicW. MaciejewskiH. SiglE. HolzerW. Doering
- Lyme Disease causes Pericarditis (Lyme carditis)
on MDJunction patient forum
- Lyme patients asked how Lyme has affected there hearts.