Lyme Disease in New York
Here is a collection of links to events, research, legislation and Lyme Disease support groups in New York. If you know of something that should be added post it in the comments below, thank you!
- Lyme Islander (Facebook)
- Empire State Lyme Disease Association
- Lyme WNY (Facebook Group)
- New York City Lyme Disease Group
- New York Lyme Support (Facebook)
- New York Lyme Advocacy (Facebook)
- Empire State Lyme Disease Association Of Onondaga County
Empire State Lyme Disease Association of Onondaga County is a Lyme support group to inspire, educate, and empower those affected by the broad spectrum of Lyme disease and it’s coinfections through compassion, understanding, and acceptance. Information is available at our free monthly meetings, held every second Tuesday @ 7 pm located at Camillus Senior Center- 25 1st Street Camillus, NY 13031 (please park in the far right parking lot only) All are welcome!
- Long Island Lyme (LILA)
has been running meetings since 1992 and still do monthly in Levittown LI-NY.
- Mid-Hudson Lyme Disease Support Group
2nd Wed. of each month, 7:30 PM, First Presbyterian Church, Route 44, Pleasant Valley, NY 12569. Call Rachel 845/229-8925 or Pat 845/889-4242.
- The Northern Dutchess Lyme Support Group
We meet the second Tuesday of every month from 7:00-9:00 pm at the Red Hook Community Center, 59 Fisk Street, Red Hook, NY. Facilitators are Lauren 845-758-8457 and Dawn 845-758-5807.
- Lyme in Orang
1st Mon. of each month. Call Mike at 914/588-0370.
- Ulster County Lyme Support
Meets 4th Wed. every month 7-8:30 pm, at Clinton Avenue United Methodist Church, 122 Clinton Avenue, Kingston, NY. For more info Call Rick at 845-616-5410 or Susie at 845-891-6760
- New Paltz Lyme Disease Support Group
1st Monday of month at 7pm at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 163 Main St, New Paltz (use rear entrance)12561. Call Cheryl at 845-255-6605.Lyme Support Workshop Series, New Paltz Community Center, Monthly ~ 3rd Wednesdays ~ 12pm-2pm ~ professional guest speakers teach specific approaches & wellness practices effective with chronic illness. Suggested donation $10* www.lymewellnessseries.com, Call Meredith at 845-901-2235
- Lyme Support Group Ulster County
1st Thurs each month 6:30pm at MAMA in Stone Ridge call Dawn at 845-687-0307.
- Lyme Disease Support Group
Rockland County, not currently meeting. Contact Nancy at 845-729-2831
- Mountaintop Lyme Disease Support Group
1st Thursday of every month,6:30-8:30PM,Hunter Public Library, 7965 Main St, Hunter, NY contact Regina firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York City Lyme Support Group
4th Wednesday and 4th Monday 7:00-8:30PM, Phillips Ambulatory Care Center of Beth Israel, 10 Union Square East btw 14th & 15th St., 2nd floor Conference Center. For information: www.nyclymesupport.org
- Ridgefield Evening Lyme Disease Support Group
Meets 2nd Thursday each month 5-7 pm. 2nd Floor, Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association office, 90 East Ridge Avenue, Ridgefield, CT 06877. More info email Jennifer @LymeConnection.org or call 203-241-2400.
- Ridgefield Afternoon Lyme Disease Support Group
meets the 2nd Friday of the month, 1:30 – 3 pm, Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association office, 90 East Ridge Avenue, Ridgefield, CT 06877. More info email Jennifer @LymeConnection.org or call 203-241-2400
- Lyme Alliance of the Berkshires Support Group
3rd Thurs. of each month, 6-8:30 PM, Berkshire Atheneum (Pittsfield Library),1 Wendell Avenue, Pittsfield, MA, 2nd Floor Conference Room. Contact: email@example.com Website: http://berkshirelyme.blogspot.com/
- CNY Lyme Support
meets the first Sunday of each month at 2pm at the Sullivan Free Library in Chittenango. Contact CNYLS at CNYlyme@gmail.com, or by calling 315-687-6540
- Rockland Lyme Teen Support Group
ages 13-22, meets the first Tuesday of each month 6-7:30pm at the Suffern Village Hall, Community Room, 61 Washington Ave, Suffern NY. Contact Christine Oleksy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 845-642-0400.
- Long Island Lyme Association
2nd Thursday 7-10pm, 3601 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown NY 11756 Contact Scott at LILA to make a reservation at email:email@example.com
- Mohawk Valley LYME Support Group
Your LYME and Tick Borne Disease (TBD) information source,
for the Greater Mohawk Valley in Central – New York State,
established April 19, 2015
- Cortland County Lyme Disease Support Group
Cortland, New York
607-849-3170 – home
607-745-3621 – cell
- Southern Tier Lyme Support Group
meets the second Monday of the month from 5:00pm-7:00pm at the Town of Chenango Town Hall 1529 State Rte12 Binghamton, New York. Website: Southern Tier Lyme Support (www.southerntierlymesupport.org)
www.ahope4lyme.org or A Hope 4 Lyme Inc.
I was just recently asked to join the board of directors for Ahope4lyme as I do much for this group. This group supports the North Central counties of Pa. And the south central counties of NY.570-537-6616
- Upstate New York Lyme disease association.
We meet ,the third Monday of each month at Naturetyme on Erie Blvd. in Syracuse Ny, 6:30pm.
Lyme Disease Statistics
- Click Here to view the Tick Check Lyme Disease estimated cases vs the CDC map of confirmed cases.
- 2017: Tick Alert Issued For NYC: Tick-Borne Sickness On The Rise, Health Officials Say
- 2017: Growing Number of Ticks This Season Prompts Schumer to Push for More Medical Research
- 2017: Daughter’s Lyme disease started with headaches
- 2017: Stomp Out Lyme Walk to underline detection, treatment challenges
- WNYW New York Takes Deep Look at Lyme Disease
- New York for Worldwide Lyme Awareness 2014
- New York City Worldwide Lyme Rally 2013 with Dr Jones, Eva Sapi, and many great speakers
- Worldwide Lyme Disease Awareness Rally at the NYS Capitol
- Worldwide Lyme Protest from LymeDisease.org
- Lyme Activists to Speak Out at New York Times with Silence Against Silence
- Assessment of Polymicrobial Infections in Ticks in New York State http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883481/pdf/vbz.2009.0036.pdf
- March 2017
Stomp Out Lyme Walk to underline detection, treatment challenges
- Uniting For A Lyme-Free World Gala
- NYC Worldwide Lyme Protest Rally
- Worldwide Lyme Awareness Protest | LymeDisease.org
- New York for WORLD WIDE LYME AWARENESS
- Worldwide Lyme Disease Protest Represented In Albany
- Worldwide Lyme Protests in
Albany and NYC Pictures
- 2015 GLOBAL LYME ALLIANCE RAISES NEARLY $3 MILLION TO CONQUER LYME DISEASE AT STAR-STUDDED NEW YORK CITY GALA
- 2015 Lyme disease legislation gaining traction
- 2015 Legislation — HR 789 — that G Read Full Article Here
- 2015 See NY Lyme Bill Updates Here
- NYS Assembly passed NYS Senator Hannon’s S07854 Lyme bill.
- S05520 Summary: Authorizes long term antibiotic treatment for certain patients with Lyme disease and provides that physicians shall not be subject to disciplinary action for such treatment.