Here is a collection of Lyme Disease news, support groups, events, statistics and other relevant information. If you know of anything that should be added please place it in the comments below. Thank you.
Lyme Disease Statistics for Virginia
Click here to view Tick Check’s estimated cases vs the CDC map of confirmed cases of Lyme disease in Virginia.
- 2019 – In Northern Virginia, hard-to-detect strain of Lyme disease could leave people undiagnosed
A southern migration of black-legged ticks, also known as deer ticks, has brought with it the growing threat of Lyme disease to Northern Virginia.
- 2018 – Lyme Disease: The Threat Is Growing
The results showed the regional rate of Lyme prevalence change during that time period was positive in all states that CAPC currently recognizes as having high human Lyme disease incidence, including Maine, Virginia, and the northern parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Virginia Governor Signs Lyme Bill
- More Cases of Lyme in Virginia
- LYMEPOLICYWONK: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus: Virginia Lyme Task Force Findings Released
Legislation for Lyme Disease in Virginia
- 2016 Virginia Senate Passes Landmark Lyme Disease Bill
- Virginia Lyme Bill Updates
- 2013 Lyme Bill Passes
- Update and Call to Action on Bill HB 962