What is MTHFR?
MTHFR stands for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase.
The MTHFR gene produces the MTHFR enzyme.The MTHFR enzyme works with the folate vitamins (B9, folic acid), breaking it down from 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate Read More about this Here.
The MTHFR mutation test is a blood or saliva test used to detect two relatively common mutations in the MTHFR gene that are associated with elevated levels of homocysteine in the blood.
Read more on testing here:
Where to get your Test Results Interpretted
MTHFR Related Articles and Websites
- MTHFR genetic defect – what it is and how it can affect you
- MTHFR Mutations and the Conditions They Cause
- How are changes in the MTHFR gene related to health conditions?
- MTHFR gene mutation… What’s the big deal about Methylation?
- What is the MTHFR Mutations by Stop the Lyme Lies
- Things that Plague us, Lyme and MTHFR
- Stop the Medication Madness
- MTHFR C677T and A1298C: Explained In Plain English
Facebook MTHFR Groups
- MTHFR Gene Mutation
- Active Healing: MTHFR Journey
- Lyme Disease,MTHFR & Marfan Syndrome
- LYME, MTHFR, THYROID, ADRENALS