Spring is on it’s Way!
Don’t wait until you already have a tick in you, get your tweezers or kits now!
There are a lot of ways people post about on how to remove ticks. Most of these ways are incorrect. Please read this carefully so you understand the correct way to remove a tick.
General tips are do not twist, squeeze or put any chemicals on to smother or burn the tick. Twisting can lead to the tick’s head getting stuck in you. Burning or smothering in chemicals leads to the tick regurgitating their stomach contents into you. Lyme bacteria lives in their gut, increasing your chance to being infected.
These tick removal tools are recommended because they allow you to get closest to the tick’s head and pull up slowly to remove the tick.
These are available right on Amazon and are pretty cheap. You can also find them on Ebay.
- The Killer Dual-Tipped Tick Extractor featuring thin tipped tweezers for crawlers and specially designed slotted scoop / tick hook for an easy lasso around the burrowers.
- The fastest, safest and easiest tick removal and lifter tool for people, dogs, cats, bunnys and other pets!
- The ticked off tick remover is safe, effective and easy-to-use
- A specially designed notch grabs the tick at skin level and removes it completely in one motion
- Bowl-shaped end securely contains the tick for easy disposal
- Helps reduce risk of disease; veterinarian and physician endorsed
- Measures 6-inch length by 4-inch width by 1-inch height
The Tick Key Is An Easy Tool To Use To Remove The Tick, Head And All. Fabricated From High-strength Anodized Aluminum. Easily Stored In A Wallet, Pocket, On A Key Chain, Collar, Or A Leash.
- Easy to use
- Made of steel in the USA
- University tested and recommended
- Very convenient to carry
Other Posts you should Read
Please take five minutes out of your day to watch this video on tick safety and Lyme Disease prevention. Spring is coming, know what to do if you find a tick on you, your kids or your pets.
Click on Picture Below for Tick and Rash Pictures