July is here, so pull out those old red shoes, buy new ones, or have fun creating a fun pair with big red bows, glitter or whatever wonderful thing you can think of!
Red shoe day, to be held on July 25th is a day to remember all those we have lost to invisible illness such as Lyme, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and the many more illnesses that are invisible to society and to the medical community.
Why July 25th?
Lyme disease and other invisible illnesses can and do lead to fatalities. ‘Red Shoe Day’ was established after the passing of Australian Lyme (previous CFS/ME diagnosis) patient Theda Myint on the 25th July 2013. This day has become an annual remembrance day for all patients lost to Lyme and other invisible illnesses around the globe. Read more about Theda here.
How do I participate in Red Shoe Day?
1. Wear Red Shoes on July 25th – Or for those housebound, red socks, slippers – whatever it may be!
2. Post your pictures – along with any memories and/or messages to friends and families of loved ones lost – here on the FB event page. (We will then add them to our website).
When Posting pictures – use the hastag #RedShoeDay2016
3. Write to local paper or media about Red Shoe Day
(To make this as easy as possible, we have written a background / introduction about Red Shoe Day that you can copy and then just add on your personal story) Letter to copy available from:http://www.globallymeinvisibleillness.org/…/red-shoe-day-a-…
4. Leave a comment about your loved one on our Memorial Blog
5. Visit the Red Shoe Day Shop :http://www.zazzle.com/globallyme/products