What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is basically swishing about a tbsp of oil, most use coconut oil or sesame oil, in your mouth. Usually it is done for several minutes, about 15 or 20, and then spit into a garbage can. (Spitting it into the sink can clog your drains!) While you swish the oil around your mouth, the bacteria “get stuck” in it and get stuck in the liquid oil.
What are the Benefits of Oil Pulling?
- Oil Pulling Can Reduce Harmful Bacteria in The Mouth- Read this study: Effect of oil pulling on Streptococcus mutans count in plaque and saliva using Dentocult SM Strip mutans test: A randomized, controlled, triple-blind study
- Oil Pulling Reduces Plaque and Gingivitis- Again see study above.
- Oil Pulling Reduces Bad Breath- Please Read: Effect of oil pulling on halitosis and microorganisms causing halitosis: A randomized controlled pilot trial.
Other Related Articles on Oil Pulling
- Oil Pulling can Transform your Dental Health
- Oil Pulling by Dr Mercola
- Detox with oil in Ayurveda style
- Oil Pulling: Ancient Secret for Optimal Health