Lyme Patients Suing Doctors
After decades of Lyme patients being rejected, pushed aside, pushed off to other doctors, they are fighting back. Throughout history we have always fought back, with protests, with news interviews, with Lyme walks, rides and and a multitude of educational and awareness events, but this time, we Lyme patients are fighting back through legislation and court cases.
Some states have already passed bills protecting doctors that are willing to treat Lyme patients long term. Now some patients are directly suing the doctors that are failing or refusing to test, diagnose and treat them.
Here is a collection of people and/or groups of people suing doctors for not diagnosing them with Lyme disease or not treating them appropriately for it.
- 2018 – Ottawa man suing two doctors for failing to ‘diagnose and treat’ Lyme disease
- 2018 – Canadian Lyme lawsuit goes to trial Nov. 26
- 2018 – (Norway Court Case) Borreliosepasient får erstatning 10 år etter manglende behandling
- 2017 – Lyme patients file lawsuit against IDSA and insurers over treatment denials
- 2017 – Insurers Accused of Conspiring to Deny Lyme Disease Coverage
- Failing To Diagnose Lyme Disease Can Be Medical Malpractice
- Free Maryland Malpractice Claim Consultation
♦ We will add onto this post as more information comes to us regarding the lawsuits that are starting to happen around the world.