What is MTHFR?
MTHFR stands for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase.
The MTHFR gene produces the MTHFR enzyme.The MTHFR enzyme works with the folate vitamins (B9, folic acid), breaking it down from 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Read More about this Here.
- What does MTHFR stand for and what is it’s function?
- What is a Gene?
- Yasko Methylation Guide
- Q & A on the MTHFR Gene
The MTHFR mutation test is a blood or saliva test used to detect two relatively common mutations in the MTHFR gene that are associated with elevated levels of homocysteine in the blood.
Read more on testing here:
Once I get the test how do I get it interpreted?
Starting soon the 23&me site will show your results now that is FDA approved. There are some other good sites too that will interpret them for free or cheap.
Plug your information into these sites for Evaluation of your
23 & Me test results.
- http://mthfrsupport.com ($30.)
- https://promethease.com ($5.)
- Amy Yasko’s free results page
- Heartfixer – Dr. Roberts’ site
- WixHealth- Wellness Reports
MTHFR Related Articles and Websites
- MTHFR genetic defect – what it is and how it can affect you
- MTHFR Mutations and the Conditions They Cause
- How are changes in the MTHFR gene related to health conditions?
- MTHFR gene mutation… What’s the big deal about Methylation?
- What is the MTHFR Mutations by Stop the Lyme Lies
- Things that Plague us, Lyme and MTHFR
- Stop the Medication Madness
Facebook MTHFR Groups
- MTHFR Gene Mutation
- Active Healing: MTHFR Journey
- Lyme Disease,MTHFR & Marfan Syndrome
- LYME, MTHFR, THYROID, ADRENALS