Each day of May for Lyme Awareness Month in 2015, whatislyme.com would like to recognize someone in the Lyme community that has done something to try to help the Lyme community. There are several “unsung heroes” in our community and we would like to just offer them a little recognition and make sure that their achievements and efforts don’t go unnoticed.
Today we would like to honor Laurie Myers!
Laurie has done a lot to bring about Lyme disease awareness in Arizona and in online support groups. She’s has also coordinated protests and rallies and worked with the Mayo clinic trying to educate them about Lyme disease.
Laurie’s Facebook Groups
Arizona Lyme Support Network (Facebook)
Lyme Marketplace (Facebook)
Some of Laurie’s Accomplishments
- Laurie is also very generous and does giveaway scholarships for doctor visits in $200 increments.
- Laurie also gives away gift cards to Lyme patients for Christmas.
- She has also taken in homeless Lyme patients.
- Laurie helps Lyme patients by taking phone calls and offering support.
- She had Lyme disease awareness booth at the “Power of Pain Foundation” where she got to meet Montel Williams.
- She wrote a Lyme disease synopsis for doctors treating patients with Lyme for an Apple program and it is used in hospitals.
- She helped start a pain support group in Chandler Arizona and served as a Lyme disease advocate for the fibromyalgia and East valley chronic fatigue support group.
- She attended the Boston IDSA Protest.