Lyme Disease Community Support and News
Here is a list of things happening in the Lyme disease community for March 2019. If you know of anything not listed please place it below in the comments so we can add it. Please keep checking back as we will keep adding information throughout the month as we receive it. Thank you.
- Register now for the online Chronic Lyme Disease Summit in April
- Register now for the online Interpreting your Genetics online summit
- Virginia: Sign up now for the 9th Annual FinishLyme 5K/1K Run/Walk
Call to Actions
- Senate Bill HB629 Call to Action for 2019 PA Access to Lyme/Tickborne Disease Treatment Bill HB629
News about Lyme, Tick-Borne infections and Related Conditions
- New Test for Fibromyalgia: Experimental blood test accurately spots fibromyalgia
- Global Lyme Alliance: Prevalence of Lyme disease in dogs increasing
- LYME SCI: Nerve damage shown in patients with chronic Lyme symptoms
- 2019 – Pennsylvania’s Lyme insurance bill has passed the House Health Committee. HB 629now moves on to the House floor. READ MORE.
- ILLINOIS – Legislation to mandate insurance coverage for Lyme disease treatment–including the use of long-term antibiotics–has unanimously passed the Illinois House of Representatives. The bill, HB0889, moves on the State Senate. READ MORE.
- NIH Seeking Input on Tickborne Disease Research Priorities Learn More
- GLA-Funded Study Offers New Findings on Borrelia Persistence See Article