Mast Cells United:
A Holistic Approach to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
Mast Cells United: A Holistic Approach to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome is a resource on mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), Allergies and anaphylaxis are on the rise, alongside gastrointestinal problems, skin issues, fatigue, orthopedic pain, neurological symptoms, and just about everything in between.
Patients are coming out of the woodwork with chronic, debilitating, often invisible illness. Recent research estimates that 14%-17% of the population may have mast cell activation disease. Much of the medical community has never heard of the condition, and existing mainstream treatment tends to focus predominantly on pharmacological management.
However, once a patient has reached a stable baseline, there are a number of other individualized approaches that can guide patients to successfully address the underlying root issues.
his book includes:
1) an in-depth overview of mast cell activation disease, with a focus on mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
2) a patient story describing life with MCAS.
3) a detailed literature review and current hypotheses for disease origins.
4) a practical guide of clinical considerations for diagnosis;
5) a chapter devoted to comorbid conditions, including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, POTS, Lyme disease.