Dr. Neil Lee Spector
June 30, 1956 – June 14, 2020
We are so very sad to hear that Dr. Neil Spector has passed away.
Many of you know Dr. Neil Spector. Most know him as being the doctor who had to have a heart transplant because of damage done from Lyme disease. Dr Spector wrote a book about his journey through Lyme and an eventual heart transplant, called “Gone in a Heartbeat: A Physician’s Search for True Healing.”.
There are a lot of kind stories being posted on social media right now about Dr. Spector and feel free to post more below in the comment section. We hold doctors who treat Lyme disease and take it seriously, close in our hearts, and to lose one, is like losing a family member.
You can read more at Lymedisease.org, and we will continue to post details on his upcoming memorial as we find out. Please feel free to leave your stories and memories in the comments below. ♥
Articles about Dr. Neil Spector
- Doctor Hopes His Medical Journey Inspires Others
- Applying the Lessons From Cancer Research to the Diagnosis and Treatment of TBD
- NEIL SPECTOR, MD by Bay Area Lyme Foundation
- Watch Dr. Neil Spector’s presentation from LymeMIND conference
- PHYSICIAN-TURNED-PATIENT BECOMES LYME ADVOCATE