The Truth About Lyme Disease According to Research
1. Transmission of Lyme disease has been proven through different kinds of ticks. It’s not just deer ticks we need to be worried about. Different kinds of ticks can pass Lyme and other tick borne infections like Rocky Spotted Fever, Bartonella, Babesia, Ehrlichiosis and many more. There is research showing it is passed congenitally, through other insects and possibly sexually transmitted. For research visit: https://whatislyme.com/category/transmission-of-lyme/
2. Lyme disease should be clinically diagnosed. Doctors tend to rely on Lyme tests, and Lyme tests are not accurate. Diagnosis should be made on patient’s history, symptoms and ruling out other conditions. To see why Lyme tests are so inaccurate and to learn about new Lyme tests that are available please visit: https://whatislyme.com/category/testing/
3. Bulls eye rashes and seeing a tick on you are both rare. It is not uncommon at all for those who have Lyme Disease to not see the tick or any rash. To see pictures of a Lyme disease, Bartonella rash, or Rocky Spotted Fever Rash visit: https://whatislyme.com/tick-and-rash-pictures/ To see stats on how many people see the rash or the tick visit: http://www.ilads.org/lyme/lyme-quickfacts.php
4. Lyme disease can be persistent and chronic. Many times Lyme is misdiagnosed and it can go into later stages of infection that include symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, mental issues, memory loss, seizures, paralysis and even death. Visit this page to read the research that is related to persistent Lyme Disease. https://whatislyme.com/category/persistance/
5. Lyme Disease tends to be used as an “umbrella term” for multiple infections. Ticks can pass a number of coinfections such as Borrelia, Ehrlichiosis, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Spotted Fever, Mycoplasma, Q Fever, Tick Paralysis, Tularemia, Borrelia miyamotoi and many more infections.
6. Common Misdiagnoses or conditions caused by Lyme Disease are Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, ADHD, mental illness and many more. See Patient Misdiagnosis Poll Here https://whatislyme.com/misdiagnosis-poll/